Lex
Lex asked N.K. Jemisin:

I wanted to ask, briefly, what sorts of things you researched to write the Inheritance Trilogy? And (if it is fun to talk about) what research topics, if any, ended up capturing more of your attention than you needed for the writing you were doing or any resources that you would recommend as generally interesting?

N.K. Jemisin Mythology. :) But I can't point to any specific resource, because I've been reading mythology for fun since I was a child. I love hearing the origin stories of the universe from every culture and faith. I love trickster stories, and it's surprising how similar they all are. But that's probably dozens of books, read over a lifetime, so unfortunately I can't recommend any one.
N.K. Jemisin