Ami
Ami asked Hank Phillippi Ryan:

Does your journalism influence your thriller writing? Or does the writing serve as an escape from the realities of the job?

Hank Phillippi Ryan Oh, what a great question! Of course the journalism is key--I've been a reporter for almost 40 years (!) --and it's taught me how to tell a story! Beginning, middle, end. Compelling ,and interesting, and entertaining. Important, and where the good guys win, and the bad guys get what's coming to them. And it's funny, after all those years, I get to make stuff up! And that was so intriguing to me--I wondered if my brain would do that, you know? After all these years of "Just the facts," would I be able to create a story simply from my imagination? And it's turned out to be amazing. (THE WRONG GIRL just won the Agatha!)

"Escape"? Oh, dear, Ami. There is no escape. But now, as a thriller author, I can call it all research. Thank you so much for your terrific question..keep 'em coming!