Cerstin Wagner
Cerstin Wagner asked Sylvain Reynard:

Hello Sylvain, how did you became a writer? Was it your dream from childhood on to become a writer? Btw. I love your books, how you write and how you express. :-) I hope they'll be translated into German one day so that my friends can read them as well. Best wishes from Germany

Sylvain Reynard Hello Cerstin,
Guten Tag und vielen dank. I hope that the novels will be translated into German, as well.

I've always enjoyed writing but like most prospective writers, I was told and later believed that it was not a practical profession. I'm fortunate that later in life I was able to start writing again (as a hobby) and that my hobby has been transformed into a profession.
One thing I've learned is that one should do what one loves - whether it pays the bills or not. Sometimes a hobby that one delights in brings so much joy to life, it would be a shame to discard it because it isn't practical.

So whether it's writing or other creative endeavours, I'd encourage others to follow their passions and enjoy them. And don't let someone tell you they aren't practical. If everything were practical, we wouldn't have beautiful artwork to enjoy. SR