Rjbriggs
Rjbriggs asked David Dalglish:

Okay, I may have forgot the details on this topic but I figured I'd make use of this 'Ask the Author' bit. In their most "current" state are the brother gods absolute or even relative equals in power, as in their capacity to influence the physical world? I know Celestia balances the two but it has always seemed that Karrak was the more.... efficacious. In the Half Orcs books and such, that is. Thanks a bunch.

David Dalglish This question is actually somewhat common. Sticking to the Half-Orc books, the idea is that Karak and his followers are far more active in trying to influence and change things, particularly through power and violence. Ashhur's followers are supposed to be more reactive, defensive, and focus their efforts on healing. But when it comes to a straight-out arm wrestling match, they're still fairly equal, both of them with dwindling numbers of followers (and Ashhur particularly reeling given the fall of the Citadel).

But you can look at several moments, such as in Sliver where Melorak gets whalloped by Bernard, or any of the battles between the various paladins, to see that when push comes to shove it's usually Ashhur's followers who get the win.