Jeremiah Boydstun
Jeremiah Boydstun asked Chuck Wendig:

Posted front and center above my computer, amongst other Wendigan pearls of wisdom, is the "Finish Your Shit" commandment. Is it ever okay not to finish a story because it has become a big steaming pile of clusterjunk or because you've just lost the taste for it? Should you finish these stories anyway even though they have become creative black holes, consuming time and energy that might be better invested elsewhere?

Chuck Wendig This is one of those "IT'S BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR GODS" kinda moment -- I've written many stories and, early on, abandoned a lot more than I finished. Abandoning stories that don't work is part of the deal, I think.

Just the same, it's regrettable because some of those stories might've been worth continuing. I just wasn't ready to write them -- but I was ready to learn from them, and I think I would've learned more *overall* by finishing them.

This is one of those "go with your gut, poll your intestinal flora" moments.

Eventually, though, you have to finish something, because if you don't finish something, then ultimately you have nothing.
Chuck Wendig