A Goodreads user asked Chuck Wendig:

I am eleven years old, but have a college reading level and am writing a YA horror novel series that my beta readers have loved. Do you think my age is an advantage or disadvantage when I write to agents/publishers? At what point should I tell them my age, if at all?

Chuck Wendig You're eleven years old?!

You know, I have no idea if that'll be a disadvantage or not. I'm not sure at age 11 I knew the words "beta readers," much less what that even meant.

I would tell them your age.

They'll figure it out eventually.

But here's the cool way you do it -- you write a cracking query letter. You lead with the hook and the pitch and put the story forward.

Then end with a short bio. A bio that itself ends with:

"I am eleven years old."

Because if your query really is great, and the story sounds awesome, that final line will be a pretty amazing mic drop at the close of the pitch.

And it might -- might! -- just sell you alongside the book you wrote.

Go forth and kick -- well, I guess I'll say "butt," since you're eleven, and I should be polite.
Chuck Wendig