Karen
Karen asked:

What was chapter 7&8 about?

To answer questions about The Breadwinner Trilogy, please sign up.
LaurenB
brootess264
(I did not write this I copy and pasted it of the internet)
I got it from Brooke's Blog

Chapter 7 Summary:

Parvana starts reading letters and selling items that the family could spare, just like her Father. One day a Taliban came to her and she read a letter that was addressed to his late wife. She is stunned by this, because she only knows Taliban Soldiers as people who beat women and enslave innocents, so this scene symbolizes that she and the Taliban are the same, they just have different beliefs.

Parvana is also forced to sell her special red Shamwar Kameez. If I was forced to sell something that was important to me, I would not be very happy. I would probably freak out and try to track down the item that I lost.

Chapter 8 Summary:

Mrs.Weera decides to move in with Parvana and her family so that she and Parvana’s mother can start a magazine. She helps to the house around for the better, keeping Mother happy and the children upbeat because they now go outside with Parvana when she fetches water.

One day Nooria comes out with Parvana to fetch water, and she says that she has forgotten how good the sun felt on her face. If I was forced to stay inside, what I would miss most about the outdoors would be those days when it’s warm, but not like summer. The days when there’s a cool breeze and it’s sunny outside. It’s unhealthy to be inside for so long because it creates a lack of vitamin D, which we get from the sun. The lack of vitamin D can lead to health issues.

Towards the end of the chapter, Parvana looks up at the sky and says that she wishes for her father to come back. The next day, small things start appearing on her blanket at the market from a window. Parvana looks up and catches a glimpse of a woman. I think tha woman was throwing things down to Parvana because she over heard her wish for her Father to come back, and wanted to give her hope and support.
Image for The Breadwinner Trilogy