Jonah Burness
Jonah Burness asked Will Schwalbe:

Any recommendations for a good book about winter that makes me glad I can sit outside and read for a couple more months?

Will Schwalbe What a cool question! One idea would be SMILLA'S SENSE OF SNOW by Peter Hoeg. It's a thriller and it has a lot about, well, snow. Two non-fiction books I can very highly recommend (I actually edited both of them when I was at Hyperion) are ADA BLACKJACK and THE ICE MASTER by Jennifer Niven. Both are amazing true stories of the Arctic. ADA BLACKJACK chronicles one woman's survival against unimaginable odds; THE ICE MASTER is about a disastrous voyage of exploration. Another idea would be INTO THIN AIR by John Krakauer, which is about an Everest expedition that goes terribly awry.