Samar Barakat
Samar Barakat asked:

These two quotes i have found online- but could somebody please tell me where I can find them in the book (as i want to read the context surrounding the quotes)? I got what seems to be the full book as a PDF and I did the 'find' on the computer and nothing for either... :S i also tried to skim read each page of my hand copy of the book and still nothing... everywhere online it says it was written by Susana Kaysen....

To answer questions about Girl, Interrupted, please sign up.
Samar Barakat I think they may be only in the film but i'm so confused

“Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever.”
"Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60s. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."
Amber About 80% of the movie, you will not find in the book. Kaysen actually disliked the movie and had little to do with it, calling it out for its invented melodramatic plot points. While the film resonates with many, you won't find much of it in the book. Sorry!
Kojishi The second one melds together many ideas in the book, but is not in the book itself. The train moving while you are sitting still is almost an entire chapter on its own, and is highly worth reading. The "Girl, interrupted" actually comes from the title of a painting the author identified with while on a date with her English teacher.
Rachel those are not in the book
Image for Girl, Interrupted