Deborah
Deborah asked:

I was hoping to find some comments from others on this book. It was definitely a different book. I wasn't too impressed. ??

Kate Stjohn Not sure if I liked it or not...it was certainly a different perspective on friendship and so much rang chillingly true...stuck in head...
Jen Targ I liked it. It's written a little bit similar to Lionel Shriver's "We Need to Talk About Kevin".
Kteba I liked it. What I found most impressive was the dark humor underlying the narrative. It was a delectable story that featured not one likeable character. (Well, except Sheba's son, the one true victim of all of these people's narcissism.) Pretty agile writing, no?
Marlena I thought the book was just ok. But it's probably is a pretty accurate portrayal what happens in this situation.
Peter Loftus I thought it was a very intelligent novel and loved the humour and insight, but Barbara was a bit too stuffy and the whole thing moved too slowly for me.
Image for What Was She Thinking? [Notes on a Scandal]