Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate] asked Sharon Kay Penman:

I adore your books an unbelievable amount! Two questions: in Sunne, what is your opinion of the true relationship between Richard III and Lady Anne Neville, and would you ever write a book about 15th-century France or Italy?

Sharon Kay Penman Hi, Queen of Smoke and Mirrors (great alias!)
I have already dealt at length with Richard and Anne's relationship in Sunne, and nothing has come out in the years (way too many!) since its publication to change my mind. And I am afraid that the answer to your next query is No. If I were to do a novel set in France, it would be about my favorite French king, Henri of Navarre. I do not in all honesty have much interest in their 15th century kings. And if I were ever to do a novel set in Italy, it would be in the 12th century, not the 15th. I can recommend, though, a series set in Italy in the 14th century. The author is David Blixt and the first one is titled Master of Verona, with a major character in the series being the son of the celebrated poet Dante.