C.K. Flook
C.K. Flook asked Cornelia Funke:

Cornelia, I discovered you today from goodreads' newsletter. My first memoir, "Shhhh!: Sad, Shocking and Sexy" came out in June. Marketing has felt like a nightmare--do you have any suggestions? Do you use a Publicist? I think we are neighbors, I live at Venice Beach. Looking forward to reading "Inkheart".

Cornelia Funke Dear C.K.,
i sadly have no advice on this. Yes, I do use a publicist by now, but without the illusion that they can work miracles for you. The only advice that I believe in is: write a magical book, rewrite it a dozen times, be your most brutal editor, feed it with passion and time, make it not about yourself but about everything, the world and most of all the ones you tell your story for. For me things are a bit easier because I built my audience in thirty years so luckily they wait for my books without me having to do much and as I am published in about 40 countries there is always one that falls in love with a story:) best wishes to Venice Beach:) Cornelia