Beesarahlee
Beesarahlee asked:

This is my favorite Stephen King book,I love the how it slowly stresses you out! Anyone on this site know of any other books that are very similar to this?! I love anything to do with witches and vampires! Thanks for the help!

To answer questions about 'Salem's Lot, please sign up.
Abby Maybe some Shirley Jackson: "Welcome to Hill House" or some Richard Matheson: "I Am Legend." There is a Witches series by Anne Rice that is long, kind of like a history, but it's not that scary. I definitely second "Ghost Story," by Peter Straub. Personally, I kind of dug Alice Hoffman's, "Practical Magic" - and I have heard there is a prequel coming out later this fall. "Hex" by Thomas Olde Heuvelt was pretty good. I highly recommend, "Bird Box," by Josh Malerman (they're not really ghosts - but they COULD BE). "Broken Monsters" by Lauren Beukes was great. And if you haven't read it yet - please read "The Girl With All the Gifts," and it's prequel, "The Boy on the Bridge," by M.R. Carey.
Gwen The Shining, I've read it 3 times...gets me every time
Martin Try George. R.R. Martin's " Fevre Dreame" or Richard Mathesons " I am Legend."
Brandon Tipton Have you read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles? They are good. Less horrror and more drama and emotion but I found the first three to be pretty good reads.
Ian There are a lot of similarities to Dracula, including how the plot and tension progress.
Megan Reber Ghost Story by Peter Straub is very similar. It involves ghosts instead of vampires, but it has the exact same feel as Salem's Lot. If you don't mind something a little more extreme on the horror front, I would highly suggest Terror Town by James Roy Daley.
Katie I haven't read Salem's Lot yet, but if you're after a great read that has vampiric beings in it, I recommend The Passage by Justin Cronin. I found it a real page-turner.
Andres Roberto SORRY, GIRL. IN MY HUMBLE OPPINION, NOBODY COMES CLOSE TO STEPHEN KING WHEN IT COMES TO SCARING THE LIVING DAYLIGHT OUT OF YOU. AND SALEM'S LOT IS AT THE VERY TOP. MAYBE "LET ME IN" OR JOHN CARPENTER'S "VAMPIRES"
Bryan Duffel Head straight for "Summer of Night" or "Carrion Comfort" by Dan Simmons.
Image for 'Salem's Lot
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)