Tatiana Gómez
Tatiana Gómez asked Lori Nelson Spielman:

When I went to the book store I found myself not knowing what book to choose. But then I found your book (The life list, or in my language Mi lista de deseos), and I was immediately in love, and I was not disappointed!!! I loved the book, it touched my soul with every word!! How did you came up with de idea for The life list? Greetings from Uruguay!! Tatiana

Lori Nelson Spielman Hi, Tatiana from Uruguay!

First, thank you for choosing The Life List. I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

I wrote my own life list when I was a teen, which included 29 things I thought would make my life happy. Years later, I found the list. I was happy that I had, indeed, accomplished many of my life goals. But there were others I hadn't met, and some I never would. I began to wonder what might happen if someone were forced to complete the life list they'd made as a teen. Would those goals still be valid, or do we outgrow our youthful wishes?

So, that's how I got the idea for the novel. I began to write, and the story flowed easily. Even though 'writing a novel' was not on my original life list, I loved to write and had completed several "practice novels" (in other words, embarrassing early manuscripts that were never published). It was the greatest thrill in my life when I landed my wonderful agent and the book sold.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you and warmest wishes from Michigan.