Ami
Ami asked Kresley Cole:

What differences do you find in writing for a grown-up audience verses a YA audience? Do you need to change your writing process at all?

Kresley Cole Hi Ami!
For me, the biggest difference has been writing in first person vs. third. In my Immortals After Dark series, I love exploring the same scene from different POVs. In fact, I'll often revisit a previous scene in subsequent books. In the YAs I have to convey all the reactions through the narrator’s words, scope, and reactions.

As for the writing itself, I don’t think I made a conscious decision to change anything. Of course the love scenes aren’t as developed in the YAs, but I’ve tried pushing the boundaries in different areas, even pulling in some elements of horror.

Thank you for your question!
Kresley Cole