Kathy Rouchelle
Kathy Rouchelle asked Lynsay Sands:

I love the Arganeau series and look forward to reading more. I always wondered, how did you come up with the "nanos" as the reason for them being "vampires"?

Lynsay Sands Necessity, Kathy. My mind is way too logical. I couldn't do the whole cursed soulless dead people business so had to come up with a reason for vampirism that was more scientific in nature. I did some research, read a lot of scientific journals and then I saw a sci-fi classic, an old movie where a bunch of doctors and scientists were put in a sub which, along with everything in it was shrunk to a nano size small enough to be injected into a president or something so that they could cure an ailment from the inside. Well, between that and some research they were doing with nanos at the time, I came up with our bio-nanos the Argeneaus enjoy.
Lynsay Sands