Gemma
Gemma asked:

What age would this book be appropriate for? Are there any adult themes?

To answer questions about Sarah's Key, please sign up.
Ciel Depends entirely on the reader. The book is not spoiled by being told it's about the Nazi roundup of French Jews. Does your reader enjoy such well known books as The Diary of Anne Frank? Then that reader may enjoy this. Not every reader, of any age, is sure to respond to such a topic. I would say only a very sensitive reader would appreciate this book, that is its intended audience. Fragile, now that may be another thing entirely.
Sue Tretter Are you aware that there's a film of the same name? Try the book and the movie.
For teachers, I think it quite likely that many parents would object to the book for assigned reading in any of the middle grades. High schoolers, yes. Younger audiences, my opinion is this book is great but not for younger children.
Jennifer Reynolds I teach middle and high school English, and while I feel that upper high school grades would be ready for the disturbing events that take place in this story, I wouldn't recommend it for younger readers. Much like Elie Wiesel's Night, the events that take place in this book are terribly sad, and it could be overwhelming for a younger reader. While Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl addresses the threat of Nazism, it doesn't graphically describe families being separated and the conditions within the camps; Sarah's Key does.
Laura Harrison I would say 15 and up. The book is pretty disturbing all around. I would skip it entirely for a young adult to read. Especially if the reader is sensitive.
Sarah Middle school(6th-8th grades). Maybe 5th graders depending on maturity. There were some curse words so if you worry about language. Some very sad scenes, death, cheating husband.
D.G. Kaye This book is not for children. If It were my child, I'd want them to know about cruel history from an older teen onwards, although many parents may not wish the same, so maybe not an appropriate high school read for some, but definitely recommended reading for everyone older.
Caroline Diplacido the invention of wings
Jude Grindvoll Honestly I'm so glad these silly conversations don't happen outside of the U.S.
Alanah Ilac I read this book at 14 and enjoyed it. It matters in maturity.
Jane A very worthwhile history lesson for today but contains adult themes including sexual. Although a major component of this novel is about the Nazi and French atrocities toward a large group of children (and their parents) in July 1942, it is written with adult issues and thinking making it inappropriate for a child's thinking and understandings.
Cristina Ermac I would say 25+
Kirsty Ogden https://www.facebook.com/smartmouthview i write reviews on books so please visit my page ans website. give me a book you want me to review... thanks
Hifaz Hamza Didnt notice any adult themes, if you read the book you will notice there are many heart breaking, sad events. (Keep some tissues with you). I would recommend this book for 13 and above.
Image for Sarah's Key
by Tatiana de Rosnay (Goodreads Author)