Nikki Guerlain
Nikki Guerlain asked Jeff VanderMeer:

I know everyone is dying to know your eating habits, so do you eat while you are writing? What is your typical breakfast like? Are you a tea drinker or are you coffee all of the way? Lastly, are there any foods you find totally disgusting?

Jeff VanderMeer Hi, Nikki. I am a komodo lizard. I must have eggs, along with black coffee with a shot (of espresso) in it. Without a ton of eggs in the morning, I'm useless to all and sundry. It's funny you should mention disgusting foods. I used to loathe avocado, but recently avocado has become my friend. I would even go on a road trip with avocado now. Somehow I think your taste buds change over time, or certain meals unlock certain preferences. I never used to like coffee, then had some over at the writer James Patrick Kelly's house--from a French press, I think. And ever since...