Corey T. Williams

Is this a good sequel?

To answer questions about Doctor Sleep, please sign up.
Jack Henry Kraven It is Stephen King but (and if you are a fan, you'll know what I mean by this) there is no music playing in the background.
Tressa I put off reading this for years because I just didn't think he could write a good enough sequel...I was wrong. Read it. It's worth it.
T.L. Bahr It is a great book, but the sequel element is more independent. Yes, we have the continuation of three Shining characters, but the new characters are mainly the core of the book. Dan seems to be there to usher in a new age of the Shining, and bury the remains of the Overlook. It does a amazing job of tying the two books together, and even brings them full-circle at the finale. It is a must-read for any Shining fan. It's down-right creepy.
Leona Brown YES! My son bought me Doctor Sleep and The Shining for Christmas. The story lines are your typical Stephen King and there are some story lines directly referring to The Shining characters but over all it carries itself. Really good read even if you haven't read The Shining. I am jealous of anyone reading it for the first time. Enjoy.
Image for Doctor Sleep
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)