James Hilton
James Hilton asked Geoff Dyer:

Hi Geoff, Big publication day today in the USA, with your new book and of course the search and the colour of memory, in terms of accomplishments where do you rate your latest work in line to your others? Do you feel you've changed as a writer? And where do you see your next work being on? Cheers james

Geoff Dyer Yes, it's a huge day in American history, people are out in the streets rejoicing. It's like VE Day all over again. Incredible scenes. The new book is different because it was commissioned as part of a series and then gradually became a book by me, if i can put it like that. I've certainly changed - its one of the interesting things about sticking with it over a long period of time because some of the changes are beyond one's control. At the moment I'm writing lots of essays about loads of different things, among them an intro to a new book of photos by An-My Le. See you at the conference, James.