Eszter
Eszter asked:

My daughter and I loved this book. I am always struggling to find the next book she might like: any recommendations based on the fact that she really liked this one (The fault in our stars) and the Curious incident? Thanks

To answer questions about The Fault in Our Stars, please sign up.
Carmella Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Lakshmi "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I loved this book.
Jennifer Liberty "Me before you" by Jojo Moyes, it's absolutely amazing.
Jeanelle Well I have become such a book worm after reading the Divergent series by Veronica roth, and The hunger games by Suzanne Collins, and also The Maze Runner by James Dasher. One more book would be Matched.
(These are all series)
Vidhi "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli
also, "Wonder" by R. J. Palacio, its just wonderful!! :)
Shiah If I stay by Gayle Forman was really interesting and sorta like the fault in our stars. Also Torn away by Jennifer Brown was awesome.
PJA SpideyTDM According to me, I can recommend 'Turtles all the way down' also 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green, 'Percy Jackson' series by Rick Riordan including 'The Hunger Games' by Suzzane Collins. These are really astounding books.
Victoria Try some more of John Green's work. Some of my personal favorites are An Abundance of Katherine's, Let It Snow, and Looking For Alaska. If you are looking for more teen-related books try some Sarah Dessen, my personal favorites being Along For The Ride and The Truth About Forever. This book is hard to compare to anything that is teen-related since it involves such diverse vocabulary and is written in a way that is just morbid enough to not be sadistic. Please consider other not-so-common books for you and your daughter because from my experience, the more you expose yourself to excellent literature as a child, the more you comprehend. Sometimes the best books you read are the abandoned books at the back of the library, with dark crinkly pages and a musty smell.
Sophia Brown "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven. Love this book. :)
Ava If I stay by Gayle Forman for sure.
Susan Gualtier Marcelo in the Real World, by Francisco X. Stork
Zoeysworld 'Before I die' or 'Now is good' (It changed due to the release of the film) by Jenny Downham
Rosie Wonder: maybe I haven't read the fault in our stars though but from the blurb
Courtney If I Stay would be a good choice, especially since the movie recently came out!
Lisa "Everything, Everything" by Nicola Yoon
Maddie Five Feet Apart by Rachel Lippincott
Maddy W. Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
Echobreeze Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
Pascal Definetly "Wonder" It was a very good book, and I am picky about my books as well.
Mia I would have to say Finding Alaska, also by John Green. It was a very good book with the same elements as fault in our stars.
Hannah Poploske Me Before You, If I stay, and any of John Greens other books would be a perfect fit for her liking.
Tatiana Prisoner of Night and Fog By Anne Blankman
Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke By Anne Blankman (Sequel)
Anbu "When breathe becomes air" by Paul Kalanithi
Antonia All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven--- great book and follows a similar story line to the fault in our stars

http://theyoungbookcritic.weebly.com/...
Future Author Out of my mind by Sharon M. Draper
Ruby When I saw your question, the first book I thought of was 'Wonder' by R.J.Palacio. It doesn't exactly have the whole 'Romance' thing going on, but it's a wonderful story about a boy called Auggie who was born deformed, and is now taking on the challenge of high school after being homeschooled his whole life. The book tells of the many challenges he faces and overcomes along the way, heartwarming and a recommended read by me :) (And sorry for the terrible description of the book...)
Alyssa I would probably say The mortal instruments, divergent, Daughter of Smoke and bone, the Percy Jackson series, Heros of Olympus series, and Harry Potter. Most have nothing to do and are nothing like this book, but they are AMAZING books with AMAZING authors. I think she would like these as do I including this book.
Kirndeep I think 'The Girl in the Train.' I mean, if it's age-appropriate for her and it might be nice for a different genre.
Meghan Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
GravityEssence21 Zac and Mia by A.J Betts

I really love this book,it's a lot like TFIOS

go to this link for a summary

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
Leah Smith I second that - The Day We Are Born, by Philippa Cameron.
Sadie The Day We Are Born, by Philippa Cameron. It has a lot in common with The Fault in our Stars while also bringing a little more to the table in terms of descriptive writing. The Fault in our Stars was my favorite book of 2014, and The Day We Are Born my best of 2015 so far!
Herma Kooiman-klaassen Noah barleywater runs away by John Boyne (the boy in the striped pyjamas) is a very good book.
~♡Nujaba♡~ House Rules and My Sister's Keeper was a real adventure! I recommend them!
Janell "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli
sushi8grace I say something of a different genre, like Life as We Know It. I read all of them in like, 3 days. It is scary, but not gory. When the moon is hit, and knocked out of orbit, Miranda and her family struggle to survive
A. Castle Will Grayson, Will Grayson by both John Green and David Levithan.
Rachel Stapleton I'd say Divergent, The Host, Beautiful Creatures, and The Blue Sword.
Sofia I think she might like the book 'Nobody But Us'
Anahita P Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
Langston Is this book appropriate for a 14 year old?
Trinity I loved this book. I've found out that I also like Five Feet Apart. It is now a film and I loved both the book and the movie. Plus if your daughter is a young teen, it has Cole Sprouse in the movie!!! :):):):):):):)
Navyaa The hunger games trilogy by Susan Collins and the children of Eden followed by the elites of Eden and the rebels of Eden by Joey Graceffa.
Greta Another book by John Green is “Stargirl” I loved it.
Elle Five Feet Apart
Rosie Everything Everything by Nicole Park
Izzy Five Feet Apart has similar themes.
Jessie To all the boys i've loved before, P.s. i still love you and Always and forever, Lara jean By Jenny Han. ( all three books are by Jenny Han)
Jasa Backlink PBN Berkualitas (DA PA 60+) Bergaransi Drakorindo - Situs download drama korea terbaru 100% Legal dan tanpa iklan. Temukan berbagai macam film drakor / drama china / drama thailand dan juga ost drama korea di drakorindo.

Situs web drakorindo merupakan satu-satunya web untuk nonton drama korea / download film drakor terbaik yang memberikan kemudahan dalam mengunduh semua jenis film. Yuk guys, langsung saja kunjungi situs web drakorindo
Lucy The Girl Online trilogy by Zoe Sugg. The three books are: Girl Online (book 1), Girl Online: On Tour (book 2) and Girl Online: Going Solo (book 3)
Bianca I personally loved this book as well and often struggle finding good reads that I will actually sit through and read but I do recommend "They both die at the end", I truly love it and it truly is a great read as I have enjoyed this book. It is very very rare for me to re-read a book but the story was so beautiful and it definitely is worth being re-read a million times
Klara Sanderson Rainbow Rowell's "Fangirl"
"The darkest part of the forest" Holly Black
And finally "Every last word" Tamara Ireland Stone
julia e. try "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven, the writing style is very very close to John Green's. I personally loved it :D
Aza I asked the same question and yes there are books such as... The book thief', 'Me before you', 'Before I die', 'Wonder.' …! There is a whole lot more
Emily Siegler "Everything Everything" It was great.
Emily Macleod One of my favorite books is out of my mind, I really suggest it
QueenieXOX Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Emelie Deery All the bright places
Kt Lamarre she should read out of my mind
Tara "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven. ADORED this book, for kids 14+, and I read a lot and I have read about 50 books since, and remember most of the details because of how much I have adored it. Also, a lot of people I know have read it and it is in their top ten as well as mine.
Charlotte Foulkes Twilight or Harry potter
Marya Sfayla If I stay/Where she went by Gayle Forman
Jaweriya All the bright places by Niven Jennifer
Abbie Hall Paper Towns think its by John Green cant remember but I read The fault in our stars and fell in love with it and I struggled to find another book but then Paper towns was released and if you liked this book you should like that one
Julia I would definitely recommend "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. That is, if you like to have your heart torn apart and mended on the same page. This book is absolutely one of the best books I have ever come across.
Enjeda Kanto a walk to remember by nicholas sparks
Camilla All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
Leila Edwards Holding Up The Universe: It is quite similar to the fault in our stars and shows two people coming together through LOVE!
Priyamvadha Paper towns by John green is wonderful
Julian Frank I know that this is a little late, but two that I would very strongly suggest are Paper Towns (also by John Green) and Thirteen Reasons Why (by Jay Asher).
Sean Quinn I think all of John Green's books are really good. I am almost done with Looking for Alaska. I she wanted to read another book by him, Paper Towns would be good. it was really good book and me made me cry.
Eliza Abady Shooting Kabul is such a good book like the fault in our stars.
Kyle If you like this you would like Elanor and Park http://bookreview.mobi/elanor-park
αlєхlσvєѕвσσkz I THIS ONE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING: The Sky Is Everywhere ITS SOO GOOD but its for teens
tho :3
Mikachuuu any other john green book
Mikachuuu any other john green book
Christine Fehd The divergent series is the best!also,it has the same actress as tfios!
Caelan If I should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan
Amanda Taylor A Promise to Keep by Amanda Taylor. It's a great book for teens and even adults. It's about young love and all the problems they are faced as they near their high school graduations.

Myana The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
Sarah Jane 'Wonder' by R. J. Palacio
Kali Wonder depending on her reading level 7 on level language arts I wold say
Charlotte Kester Try "Divergent, there are a whole load of books after that your daughter can read!
Amaya T Carmella I suggest An abundance of Katerines, The memory book, or All the bright places. These are all really good books somewhat like the fault in or stars. Or there's also a collaborated book with John Green in it with 2 others, it's called Let it snow. It's a Christmas book but it is one of my favorites.
Alex J If she likes a hardcore mystery, Agatha Christine's And Then There Were None.
Padmakshi Dutta 'Paper towns' and 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green,would be good books to follow up with this.
Anna Any John Green book that I've read so far is written brilliantly. I love Paper Towns and Will Grayson Will Grayson. This Star Won't Go Out is also an amazing book.
Sloane "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli
Mya herondale All the bright places by Jennifer niven
Jordan Ransom if she liked this then any other books by john green might interest her. his other books are
paper towns
will grayson,will grayson
let it snow
looking for Alaska
an abundance of katherines
Maria Copp Because she liked "Curious Incident..." I recommend "Mockingbird" by Kathryn Erskine.
Devon The book "The catcher in the Rye" would be an obvious choice, as the language used by the protagonist is alike, but I assume you have already recommended this book haha
NourelHouda Abed "me before you " by jojo moyes ...the best book i'v ever read (the a movie based on the book too...looove it either of course u should read the book then watch the movie thats make it much fun
Lilyanna Miller Paper Towns, Divergent, The A-List, and The Maze Runner.
Sonja Thorneycroft All the books written by john green are amazing if you want to be completly honest asking alaska is sexual in some parts but its still a good book but i wouldnt really reccomend for anyone under 12 years of age (any of his books actually).
Autumn Rose You should read Paper Towns by John Green. It makes you see the whole world in a different perspective. It makes you think everything in the world is the same and you want to change that.

the Town was PAPER but the MemOries were Not. -John Green
Janelle Legend by Marie Lu
Kattie Celeste Ng Everything I Never Told You or Jeannette Walls The Silver Star. I am currently reading the Silver Star.
Ivy Lake "Same Difference" By Siobhan Vivian
Heather Elliott if i stay
will grayson, will grayson
looking for alaska
paper towns
skylar Looking For Alaska by John Green, Tilt by Ellen Hopkins, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, Where She Went by Gayle Forman, Love Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, & literally ANY Sarah Dessen books.
Ana "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell
(If you like John Green, you'll like Rainbow Rowell)
Angela Vanderbend oh you guys should read the mortal instruments by cassandra clare
ZJ "If I stay" by Gayle Forman
Melanie Looking for Alaska
If I stay
Maka Allgood Paper Towns by John Green it's really good I loved it.
Ririn Alistya Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten , have u read that, it is amazing book.. you should read it
Lisa Smith Paper Towns was a good read in the teen/ya genre. It held my attention to the end, and did not spoon feed the plot line. I found it easy enough to empathize with the characters.
Imu I think u should go through "The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott.
This is a six book series and i am sure u will like it.
Celestia England Well there is another great book by John Green called Paper Towns.
Bailey Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, or Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Isaac T. If i stay is a GREAT one. There is also a film for that one as well.
Alexandra Maybe: Paper Towns, Out of My Mind (if that isn't too easy), The Book Thief (one of my absolute favorites), If I Stay & Where She Went, which is the sequel.
Magi44 try Wonder by R.J Palacio
Lily Kessa Paper Towns by John Green too. I loved that book, and if your a fan of T.F.S, you'll definatley love this book.
Laura Vazquez Paper Towns also by John Green
Aimee Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider. I loved this book so much, it will keep a special place in my heart, as Harry Potter does.
Cheyenne Kirsten Divergent, and Insurgent, and Allegient by Veronica Roth
Keilah Granito Paper Towns? (which is also my John Green) I'm reading it now, so I'm not sure if the end is good, but it looks like it will.
japes If I stay by Gayle Forman
Ameena Mohamed Wonder by RJ Palacio. Very apt for both kids and adults.
Erza Hoti i'm a bit late, but check out Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns.. they are amazing
BeastMode24 Paper Towns by John Greene(same author).
Andreanna I'd say that Looking for Alaska and Paper towns would be great books. Hope this helped.
Emma Divergent was a great movie but idk about the book
Des Paper Towns by John Green is a good book. Read the book before you go and see the movie.
Jaina Aristotle and Dante Find the Secrets to the Universe by Benjamin Alie Saenz
Kate ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES - JENNIFER NIVEN
CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT
Bia Giancante Panic by Lauren Oliver.
Marley Johnson The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd is amazing. I would also recomment Paper Towns by John Green.
Shir-anne The divergent series by Veronica Roth
Diana I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I think that if she really liked Curious Incident, she'll definitely like Perks.
Ashleigh all the bright places by Jennifer niven. Amazingly Amazing.
Teddy Bear Books Paper Towns is a great book, also by John Green.
Judith White Oleander by Janet Fitch was really great.
Cora if i stay is just like the fault in our stars... romance, same plot, they are both great.... Also if you need to just look up, books like the fault in our stars or romance books...
Rushda a walk to remember by nicholas spark
Sienna Wilder Jonathan Stroud is an amazing author - he's written a series for young adults called The Bartimaeus Trilogy, which is a an ancient genie and the ten year old british boy who summons him. It's told from the genie's point of view. It's hilarious. Also, Eoin Coffer (I think that's how it's spelled) has written some wicked stories about a teenage detective. My taste tends to run towards adventure versus romance, but I did love the Fault in Our Stars. Maybe your daughter will enjoy those, and they are good for adults as well.
Natalie She should read The Selection series! It is AMAZING! it is basically the Bachelor in book form, but with more action. By Kiera Cass
Celena Hysteria!! It was a great love story book!!!!!
Beth All of John Green's books!
Chloe Mae I've heard that "This Star Won't Go Out" by Esther Earl is really good. She is actually the girl who inspired Hazel's character.
Eileen Horgan I wish you had included your daughter's age but if she liked this book she may enjoy the trilogy by Morris Gleitzman called 'Once', 'Then','After'. It's fiction - about a Jewish boy in w.w.2 and the story of his search for his parents who left him in the care of Nuns in a Catholic orphanage. She may also enjoy ''Wonder ' by R.J.Palacio, the story of a young boy with a facial deformity who has decided to go to school (U.S.A.) following years of homeschooling.
Anjali Jakasania Yup, if your daughter is grownup enough she can try Paper towns by John Green and Let it snow also by John Green
Sam Any John Green novel and Divergent also The Selection series by Keria Cass and Beutiful Creatures as well
Marie Binder The statistical Probability of love at first sight
Harmony A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry
Jen Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
Santhiyaa ALL JOHN GREEN BOOKS, Divergent series, Twilight DUH! lol and Eleanor and Park <3
Ave After a book like that, I'd consider slowing down a bit. Maybe she'd like"The Shack". Everyone who I've met who's read it says it is awesome. Even my mother loved it. :)
Amariah Dixon The Geography of You and Me, This is What Happy Looks Like . . . possibly Since You've Been Gone. To Kill A Mockingbird, Peter Wimsey, Father Brown, Narnia, and Flight of the Earls. Maybe Gone With the Wind (depending on how old she is).
Jessica Cockrum Any of the books by Sarah Dessen are pretty good.
Leisa I am reading John Green's Looking for Alaska. So far it's great. Also Wonder by R. J. Palacio is amazing. Have you ever looked at the website What should I read next?
Nancy Love Story by Erich Segal.
Sam She might like Time Between Us and Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone.
Sophia This star won't go out: The life and words of Esther Grace Earl.
The fault in our stars is based off the girl who wrote this book!
Lilly Maybe "Wonder" by R. J. Palacio.
Sabrina Diaz you should read Looking for Alaska by john green i absolutely loved it
Image for The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green (Goodreads Author)