Patrick Buchanan
Patrick Buchanan asked Timothy Ferriss:

Tim - what motivates you at this point to keep pushing so hard whether it's writing books, doing podcasts, etc etc? You probably have enough money such that invested prudently you could do what you want for the rest of your life. You have reached a certain level of fame that most people would be happy with. How do you juxtapose your drive for success with your Stoic philosophy?

Timothy Ferriss Good question. On some level, my drive comes *from* my stoic leanings! Read "On The Shortness of Life" by Seneca, which you can find on my blog with commentary.

I want to help and impact as many people as possible. It's not something I have to do for income; it's something I genuinely want to do. I always thought I would be a teacher.

Time is fleeting and you can die anytime. Life is fragile.

My drive is to make the most of the little time we have on this planet. If it were primarily financial, I would have chosen other paths (e.g. banking).

Hope that helps!

Tim
Timothy Ferriss