Melanie
Melanie asked:

This book was recommended to me as a read-alike to Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. For those who've read both, how alike are they and in what ways do they differ?

To answer questions about The Silent Wife, please sign up.
Joew They are nothing like each other. This book had no twists at all and was very disappointing at the end.
Juliann Definitely read Gone Girl. Excellent book. I would not bother with the Silent Wife though.
Becky
Jennifer They are very similar, but not so much that it feels like reading the same story twice. I loved both books. Both are about incredibly dysfunctional marriages with vindictive wives. They are both full of unlikable characters. I personally love books that make me hate the characters. I think if you liked Gone Girl you will probably like The Silent Wife.
Angeliki Parpara I ve read both.Gone girl is a lot better.
Valerie it is similar to gone girl in that, we know from the onset the ending, but what happens up to that point keeps the reader totally enraptured. as i have had the opportunity to listen to both as audio books and, that the narration is split between the male and female characters, it's more realistic and you feel the thought processes of each... sometimes even thinking out loud ''stop... what are you thinking or doing.. seriously, do you really want to do this? ?''... i truly enjoyed the psycho babble into the psyche of people.. i would recommend this to my book buddies... it is well done and although, Ms. Harrison passed away shortly after this was released I wish to have had more of her novels but, alas, that was not to be.
Amine Az They are only similar because both books are about a couple. Everything else is different. Where I enjoyed reading Gone girl, I found myself getting bored with The silent wife; it doesn't even qualify as a thriller, it's more of a drama. Also, the two main characters are very flat and somewhat passive.
Cindy Elavsky I want to make sure you did read Gone Girl before I answer the question?
Anne Hilow Oh dear no, one is deftly character driven; the other, Gone Girl, plot driven. I enjoyed both but for different reasons. I like a plot driven page turner some days and, others, relishing and admiring language expertly employed.
Jo Perhaps they were referring to The Silent Wife by Kerry Fisher, 2017
Leah I don't think they are very alike but both in the same genre. If you liked Gone Girl, I think you will like this. It was a quick read.
Image for The Silent Wife