Kayla Hutchinson

To answer questions about NOS4A2, please sign up.
Amber Barber
Earl C I think it was a bit of a nod to Vic's wish that he get someone who deserved him.

I was pretty sure it was going to turn out that way when Tabitha went to the hospital with him. Especially with their little exchange about Superwoman and Velma.

Then there was Vic's constant feeling that she was unworthy of Lou and that he deserved better:

"You're a good man, Lou Carmody. I may be one crazy bitch, but I love you. I'm sorry about a lot of things I put you through and I wish like hell you'd met someone better than me. But I am not sorry we had a kid together. He's got my looks and your heart. I know which one is worth more." p.625

It was executed a bit abruptly but most epilogues tend to do that these days.
Anna Mclain
DC Allen
T.HiggsReviews It was pretty obvious that that pairing would happen and I think they are right for each other.
Patrick
Joseph
J.J. Cunis
Liz Baxter It didn't bother me much because it fit with him becoming a better person after Vic's death.

As long as she was alive he was always going to be tied to her. Never able to find someone new, never able to get healthy, to grow up.

After she died, he was able to make all these healthy changes, which included finding someone worthy of him
Chris Chang
Brittany Bowman
Greg Hopkins Yeah was a little odd, was kind of expecting Lou to die and Vic and Tabitha to end up together based on Vic's earlier comments.
Michael As Tabs is different in the books than the TV. show, I assume that she is a mother figure for Vic (Manx kills Vic's mother in the book, so that was her motive for hunting him) as well as a partner for Lou.
Stephen Found I agree, it does seem a little odd, especially after she used Lou in the hospital. Even the jaded cop Daltry thought she had stepped well over the line with that considering Lou could have collapsed at any moment.
Image for NOS4A2
by Joe Hill (Goodreads Author)