ShadowS
ShadowS asked:

This is NOT Christian fiction so reader beware. She describes a wedding night among other things. Her books are not clean and should not be in the clean/Christian category. She needs to decide if she is writing for God or book sales. God is no where to be found in your writing Mrs. Gist.??

To answer questions about Maid to Match, please sign up.
Angela I disagree with you. This is clean Christian fiction. Its not a peck on the cheek like a Hallmark movie but it is nothing like a harlequin romance either. I'm a moral unmarried chaste young lady and I didn't find anything inappropriate about the wedding night scene. Its romantic but not at all graphic. Also, developing a relationship with God, trusting in Him, and following His will was very much a part of this story. I wish you could have caught that.
Rachel - Chocolate and Chapters The wedding night is not graphic at all and the scene ends before anything "happens." And she's mentions God throughout. So I don't personally agree with you, but I'll agree it doesn't feel as God-oriented as other Christian fiction.
Yankeecountess I'm a Christian and I read all different kinds of romances, including ones with *gasp* sex in them, and personally I don't think there's anything wrong or un-Godly about that. I have not read this book so I can't talk about *that* subject, I but I do take lots of umbridge with your statement, because it comes across as extremely closed-minded and quite frankly, "un-Christian"; I feel like you're the Pharisees ready to throw the first stone. Are you saying that sex in a loving marriage is evil? Because that's what your statement implies
Connie I just finished reading this last night, and I found absolutely nothing wrong with the wedding night scene. As others have stated, it ends when they go to bed, so it is left up to the reader to figure out what happened. If the "other things" you are referring to are what was happening at the orphanage, unfortunately, abuse is a very real part of the world and happens every day, so for her to weave it into the story, does not nullify it as being a Christian book.
Image for Maid to Match
by Deeanne Gist (Goodreads Author)