Pc
Pc asked Frances Mayes:

I'll be going to Tuscany for the 4th time in September, and visiting many of the places I've been before. But for one week prior to that, we plan to go to the Island of Ischia for a few days, and wonder if you have any suggestions of someplace else to visit for 2 or 3 days. In other words, do you have a favorite place outside of Tuscany you like to visit.

Frances Mayes On Ischia, be sure to try the thermal pools! You're very near Capri at that point and there's a reason people from all over flock there--it's sublime!
On the Amalfi coast, I think Ravello is just stunning, that garden overlooking the sea. There are just SO many places I love in Italy. Venice, of course, and Sicily, Sardinia, Friuli. Rome!