Youblowgoo
Youblowgoo asked:

I've been reading the reviews of the books in this series, I'm trying not to read any spoilers but also trying to figure out how much romance there is between the main characters?

To answer questions about Luck in the Shadows, please sign up.
A None in the first book, although they do have a very strong friendship. There is some in following books, but the main focus of the story is on their adventures rather than their romance.
Travis Wedeking I thought I would provide this answer even though the question was asked a year ago:

Sexuality in general in introduced fairly early in the book as being more fluid in certain parts of the world Flewelling has created. The hints between something growing between the two main characters are certainly there if you care to look for them. This is actually what drew me to this book to begin with: it's primarily action/adventure with some healthy skulduggery and magic mixed in while the romance isn't a central theme at all. I find novels with romance as a theme to be a little to trite and sappy. The romance is there, but more as a motivation behind other driving forces occurring around them.

But, as someone said before me, the second book is where it is explored in further depth. I personally think the buildup is grand and wouldn't have it any other way.

I highly recommend the first three books!
Isiel
Jennifer There are slight hints at a possible romance to come if you look for them but they are not obvious in this book.
Image for Luck in the Shadows
by Lynn Flewelling (Goodreads Author)