Crisel
Crisel asked:

Do I *have* to read Shadow of the Wind first? Or can I just read Angel's Game since it's a prequel?

To answer questions about The Angel's Game, please sign up.
Karla No, you do not have to read the Shadow of the Wind first, however The Shadow of the Wind is a much better book than The Angel's game, and makes it more interesting to read to learn the development of a few characters.
There are two completely different stories that have a few returning characters and even though both stories have their own ending, I would recommend to read first the Shadow of the Wind.
Alex It's not necessary because in both books the author tells the story of Sempere's bookshop and the Cemetery of forgotten books, so you'll understand the action.
Actually, the Action from The angel's game is happening before the one in The shadow of the wind.
Amber You can read them in any order. I read The Angel's Game first.
James Conway
Vibhor Jain I am answering for others who'll go through this question as I am hoping you would've already read both by now :)
You can read anyone first but I would recommend go for the Shadow first as it is way too good and better than Angel's Game. If you go the other way round, you might not want to read the Shadow which is a must read.
Dea Avila You don't have to read all the other ones, but once you do, you get all the details and the stories of all the characters straight.
Sabra I wish I had- It clears up a few minor details.
Image for The Angel's Game