Andrea
Andrea asked Sarah Dessen:

I LOVED your books when I was a teenager. Why do you like writing about adolescence, which is such a turbulent time?

Sarah Dessen I think I like writing about teens because there's just SO much material there, so much you can do. It's a time when everything is changing so quickly---your relationships with friends and family, your body, your very SELF---and that's really intriguing to me. Also, I remember high school so well. It's not hard to put myself back there. Eventually I will probably write about older characters, as a lot has happened to me since I was a teen. But as long as the stories keep coming and are fun to write, I can't see leaving high school altogether.
Sarah Dessen