Allory Auflick
Allory Auflick asked Sarah Dessen:

I am currently working on a young adult novel and I am telling it through the perspectives of both main characters (one male and one female). I have been writing in the 3rd person for both but I'm afraid it will create a disconnect between the characters and the readers. In your opinion, would it be better to write from the first person?

Sarah Dessen This is a hard question because I've only ever written novels in first person. I did write a couple of short stories using third person, but I'm not sure it would work for me in the long-term. I think it's kind of like being right or left handed: you just are naturally better at one than another. But that might just be me!
Sarah Dessen