Madiha (Paper Skies)
Madiha (Paper Skies) asked Richelle Mead:

I am a huge fan of your VA Series, and I personally loved the movie. A lot of people are saying that it's too light hearted and not serious enough to be a vampire book, but I personally feel that if it were actually serious, it would have been horrible, and the books don't start to get really serious until Frostbite anyway. My question is, will we be seeing a sequel to the VA movie? (Please say yes!)

Richelle Mead You're exactly right that the books don't get darker until later in the series. I think a lot of people who hadn't read the first book in a while may have forgotten that there was definitely some catty high school stuff in it! I liked that the movie captured that but also had some really serious moments. The first meeting between Lissa and Christian really sticks out, when he's talking about what happened to his family. The movie got that perfectly--no lightheartedness! I don't know yet if there'll be a Frostbite movie. The first movie didn't earn enough to pay for itself, so that raises a big question for how Frostbite will be paid for. I'm waiting for news, just like you guys, but if I hear something, I'll let you know! :)