Karen Bainbridge
Karen Bainbridge asked Claudette Melanson:

Hello, Claudette What gave you the idea for using sisters as the main characters in Minion? How long does it take you from inception to completion of a book? Do you already have contracts for books or are you self publishing?

Claudette Melanson Well, if you are familiar with my other books, sisters are a common theme for me. It's probably because I feel so close to my own sister. She is the one person in the whole world who truly understands me. I think the sister bond is one like no other

With my first novel, Rising Tide, it took six years to complete. I was nervous and unsure, but after publishing that all went away. It took 9 months to write Undertow...which is 474 pages. It took a couple of nights each to write both Shimmer and Minion. I already have 100 pages of Riptide, the third Maura book and several other novel starts.

I turned down two publishing contracts for Rising Tide, because I want to keep MY vision for the books and don't want someone else gaining control over my stories. I'll stay that way, too. Although I wouldn't mind accepting a movie contract.... lol