Rishika
Rishika asked:

why is it called lick? never understood the meaning behind the title

To answer questions about Lick, please sign up.
K Elizabeth I think it's a play on words... the fact he's a guitar player. A lick is a string of notes, etc. I have to admit the name and cover turned me off at first so my expectations were pretty low going in to this one. I was pleasantly surprised.
Ruth Engleman they're all to do with the guys role in the band, so Davids book is Lick because he plays guitar, Mal's is Play because he plays drums, Jimmy is lead bc he is the lead guy in the band, and Ben is Deep because he plays bass and bass is deeper than everything else
Avid There's a part in the novel when they're in Monterey, and David gets his mojo back. He's recording new stuff for the first time in years thanks to Eveyn's inspiration, and his friend tells him to "play that lick again". The moment is symbolic of his relationship with Evelyn. She doesn't remember meeting David or getting married and so they have to start over again.
Kumiko If you've ever heard Eddie VanHalen playing Erruption, that's a series of serious licks. Synister Gates, from Avenged Sevenfold, has become my favorite modern guitarist. That man has the mightiest of licks. I believe Olivia Cunning's "Sinners" book series was inspired by Syn and the other members of Avenged Sevenfold. Fantastic series!
Katja I agree. He's the guitarist, so it's a reference to a "guitar lick" as well as the more carnal idea of licking one's lover.

(In case you're curious, Wikipedia says: "In popular music genres such as rock or jazz music, a lick is "a stock pattern or phrase" consisting of a short series of notes that is used in solos and melodic lines and accompaniment. Licks in rock and roll are often used through a formula, and variations technique in which variants of simple, stock ideas are blended and developed during the solo.")
Maureen13 There are many references to it in the book besides being a guitarist term. He licks her lick right before the first time they make love. Someone says "play that lick". She licks her lips in the end of the book after they decide to stay together. It's a hot and heavy book.
Image for Lick
by Kylie Scott (Goodreads Author)