Anthony
Anthony asked Andy Weir:

Hey Andy, Loved the book (especially like the egg) & am glad it's becoming such a big success. How did you decide to get into writing? Can you summarize your writing process?

Andy Weir Iv'e always been interested in writing. I was writing short stories as far back as junior high school (note: these were not well-written stories).

I don't really have a "process" that I know of. I guess it's the same as every other writer. I daydream, adjust it more and more until it makes narrative sense, then get the general idea firm in my mind. Then I sit at my computer and play solitaire instead of writing it down because I'm lazy. Then I feel guilty for not accomplishing anything and guilt myself into actually writing stuff down.
Andy Weir