Hameeda
Hameeda asked:

What would you have done if you were in the shoes of Marina? I am referring to the end scene.

To answer questions about State of Wonder, please sign up.
Jill I would hope she would return to the jungle, leave her job in Minnesota. There was nothing in Minnesota to give her cause to return. In the jungle she was valued as an individual. She was part of a community. The Lakashi accepted her skills and presence among them. In the jungle she worked as the practicing physician she would never have the opportunity to do in Minnesota. Jungle girl, all the way!
Janet
Janna Craig
Cheryl
Christina Go back and get Easter ..... What a horrible scenario ... So, so sad (broke my heart) ..... Cruel!
M
Carla
Teri While it appears most people think she should return to Brazil, I guess my personal bias of not wanting to live in the jungle for any reason colors my viewpoint that she should not return. I do not think that a drug extending women's years of fertility is worthwhile (for the reasons mentioned in the book). She maybe re-discovered her true passion of being a medical doctor and maybe would pursue that again.
Jim I'd have gone home, packed as much as I could into the biggest hand luggage the airline would allow and be on the next available flight back to Brazil.
Milla i would eat cake because that is a good ending
Deb Shaver
Virginia Brazil seemed to be the place where she would be most likely to have a meaningful life.
Annie Bartholomew
Peg Someone here commented that Marina arrived in Minnesota pregnant. Did I miss that?
Image for State of Wonder