James
James asked Jeff VanderMeer:

Do you think you will return to this world you've created once the Southern Reach trilogy is over? Are there more stories you'd like to tell, perhaps as short stories or extra notes? Although I enjoy unanswered questions and ambiguity it would interesting to read more about this world.

Jeff VanderMeer There might be a couple of short stories. Also, if graphic novels come out of this, that might tell other parts of the story. The movies, should they be green lit, may well fill in a few things. I'm not yet sure if the S.R. trilogy distantly brushes shoulders with something else I'm working on or not. Short answer--not much more material on S.R. Long answer--not entirely sure.