Debbe
Debbe asked:

never read c j box, are the joe pickett books worth the time?

To answer questions about Endangered, please sign up.
Julie I like that Joe's not a superhero. He's a game warden that gets into a lot of scraps, but he's also a family man and general good guy. Yes, they're worth checking out.
Monty Bates Yes, they are a very good read as I have read most of them. You can really get into the scene with this writer.
Joyce Absolutely. I wish I knew someone like Joe Pickett.
Kim Yes! Joe Pickett is a simple man doing a job he loves surrounded by a loving family. He stumbles into situations that require him to act and sometimes question his moral code. Wonderful story lines, terrific characters and well worth reading. If you start with book 1 you will enjoy the growth and connections of the main characters. Enjoy!!
Karen Wright I enjoy them... nice page turners. Good story lines. Read them.
Susan Loved all of them so far! They have a lot in common with Craig Johnson's Longmire series, but they have a little different take since the protagonist's jobs are different (Joe Pickett is a game warden, Longmire is a county sheriff) despite being set in a similar area (roughly the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming).
Sue Phillips Absolutely love Box...paints beautiful pictures with words and since he is Wyoming native, has experience with everything he writes about...
Just went back and reread Open Season...his first Joe Pickett book...
Joanne Endangered is the first C. J. Box book that I have read. Highly recommend it! Can't wait to read his other books.
Janet Martin And I would suggest listening to them--David Chandler narrates the unabridged audiobooks and is the perfect voice. A new Joe Pickett mystery is one of the best things about March!
Tamara Oh my goodness yes. I don't think you could ever go wrong with a Joe Pickett novel. I read them in order and I'm on "Breaking Point" now... awesome characters and wonderful descriptions of the landscape, realistic family issues and hierarchy. Outlines the politics and bureaucracy well when it comes to getting permission to pursue a crime... really great books :) I think I'm in love with Joe Pickett lol
Julie Yes! And to go a step further, I would say stick with the Joe Picketts! They are my favorite mystery series. Read them in order though, otherwise else there will be spoilers.
Matthew I enjoy them. I think they get better the farther you get in the series - and they have their highs and lows. When it really started to pick up for me was in Winterkill (book 3). I used to live in Wyoming - which I think helps with my enjoyment of his writing since the subject matter is closer to home. I think you get much more out of the Joe Pickett series if you read it in order. Now, after more than 10 books - I know the characters and I enjoy coming back to them.
Image for Endangered