Lorna Cook
Lorna Cook asked Lily King:

Lily, 'Euphoria' was my favorite book of the year! I loved the complexity of the characters and how their lives entwined and clashed. I thought the ending was stunning...My question: at what point in the writing did you know how it would end for the three, and who would be left? Thank you. And thank you for such a wonderful, memorable story.

Lily King Hi Lorna—Thanks so much! I'm grateful. I don't want to spoil the ending for people who haven't read it, but I will say that I had a completely different idea for the ending when I thought Nell was our narrator. Once I realized Bankson was telling the story, things began to change. As I said in my last answer, I really had to feel my way through. I didn't always know what would happen until I got there and felt what felt right. It's strange in that way. And as I just said, I really didn't know about the events in the last chapter until after I had handed it in.