Lena
Lena asked Penelope Douglas:

Hi, Penelope! I'm just curious, what does Falling Away actually mean as a title? Is it closer to lost friendship, leaving or abandon? Or do we need to read the book to understand?

Penelope Douglas Hi Lena,

Good question. It is discussed in the book, but I have no problem answering it now. Falling Away or Fall Away means pretty much what it sounds like. The whole series centers around characters who grow up with one hardship or another, some kind of loss, suffering, or heartbreak. As they grow into adults, I follow their stories as they begin to discover that the way they've been taught--the influences they've had--are not the only way to live. They fall away from others' expectations, rules, and the baggage of their parents to carve out their own path.

I hope that answers your question. :)
Penelope Douglas