John Molloy
John Molloy asked Nick Elliott:

I want to thank you for your kind review of my book Steady as She Goes, I Have Sea of Gold sitting looking at me and I am finishing a trilogy by Raymond Chandler and looking forward to reading Sea of Gold in a few days. Are you familiar with Chandler? he actually spent some of his young life here in Waterford City in a house which I later bought and is now a retirement home. It's a somewhat small world.

Nick Elliott I've read The Big Sleep. I like his hard-boiled style. Len Deighton adopted it to good effect too with lots of wisecracks and witty asides. I tried it in Sea of Gold but I fear I'm not cynical enough to carry it off! Hope you enjoy the book anyway. I must read another Chandler. Which would you recommend?