Athelas Hale
Athelas Hale asked Gillian Bronte Adams:

Where do you get your inspiration for your characters? Do you base them off any living person, work hard to develop them, or do they just come to you?

Gillian Bronte Adams I rarely base characters off people I know. Occasionally there are aspects of a character that remind me of someone or of a certain situation or circumstance someone I know has gone through, but that's generally as far as it goes.

When I’m brainstorming, characters hop into my head in a variety of stages of composition. Some arrive almost fully formed complete with a name, personality, mode of speech, etc. Others I can see but not hear. And still others reveal their thoughts and emotions while I still don’t know who they are, what they look like, or even what they are called. With such characters, I have to dig deep to uncover their true selves … and often, they end up being the best ones of all!