Ami
Ami asked James Patterson:

I saw that literacy is very important to you. My cousin has dyslexia, but I was surprised that she found your Maximum Ride graphic novel series, and devoured them! What do you think is a good way to get young people that don't enjoy reading, or have trouble reading, to get better at it and enjoy it? I know kids that can't read in 7th grade! :'(

James Patterson Even kids who have trouble reading can usually find something they gobble up – like graphic novels, joke books, or comics. The kind of books teachers used to take away if you read them in class. I’m convinced that kids need to be inundated with books they actually like if they’re ever going to get better at reading. Also, please pass on to your cousin that I’m thrilled she likes Maximum Ride so much.
James Patterson