Maria
Maria asked Emery Lord:

I read Open Road Summer a few weeks ago and I still find myself thinking back to it. I especially keep coming back to the short, yet poignant, scene between Dee and Jimmy at the end. I'm wondering (hoping) if you plan to ever right a sequel about those two? Just know that if you do yips have at least one very eager reader! :)

Emery Lord hi maria! so...i used to say "no" to this question. i think i left dee in a good place & i liked for readers to imagine for themselves where her life took her. ...buuuut, these days, i sometimes think how fun it would be to share the next piece of her story & write from her perspective. so...i'll say...no plans. but not no :) thanks for asking!