Anil
Anil asked:

is the story mundane??

To answer questions about Catch-22, please sign up.
Arindam It's probably as mundane as being abducted by aliens in the middle of a long ride into area 51 and then returning home after a brief stint at cleaning the spaceship but that was the sole reason you were abducted anyway. I'll implore anyone who loves reading to give it a go if only for its quirky and dark satirical style.
Jean Cole Mundane is not a word that comes to mind. That would imply unimaginative and similar to others in its category. This book is anything but ordinary. I'm not finished with it so I haven't had a chance to consider my final opinion, but mundane? Absolutely not.
Alexander Errr, do you mean theme-wise? Because 'it is war, and people go crazy' is not all that original. But apart from that - style, structure, characters, tone, and most of the plot is anything but!!!
Mac No! No it isn't. ;-)

Seriously, it's got dark humor, satire, zany antics, and not so humorous dark bits. Its one of the greats and is really worth a read.
Sarah I think the reader who finds Catch 22 mundane isn't giving enough thought to the historical context within which this book is situated. Also, its place in defining a new catch phrase that has become a staple in modern thinking. This remains one of the most uniquely written books I have ever read.
Willis yes! yes it is.
Image for Catch-22