Flo
Flo asked:

Is this book really similar to Gone Girl?

To answer questions about Where'd You Go, Bernadette, please sign up.
Myriam Schärz no, it is so not. in no way. whatsoever
Donna not at all. this book is smart and funny. It's not dark nor disturbing. It doesn't make you want to ask for your money back after you read it. Gone Girl was horrible. I LOVED Where'd You Go, Bernadette. And if you are up to it, I suggest listening to the audio book. The narrator is amazing!
G Cocciolo No, the two books are very different. This book is complete mindless trash that attempts to be funny and sophisticated but isn't. Don't waste your time reading Where'd You Go, Bernadette. Gone Girl is a fast-paced, exciting thriller that keeps you guessing and is a much better read.
Layne The only thing it has in common with Gone Girl is a troubled woman who goes missing. The style and mood are totally different. This is more comedy/satire.
Dee No way! I HATED Gone Girl and really liked "Bernadette." This is smart, funny and upbeat - GG was dark and dangerous! Why would you have thought there was any similarity?
Raktima Das No. Its way worse.
Kel Wern virtually nothing. This a quirky book about getting out of your own way in life. It's nothing like a thriller
3 no 7 Not like "Gone Girl" at all. This book is funny, funny, funny. There is no violence unless you count the "attempted" running over a foot in the school parking lot, and who hasn't wanted to do that themselves?
Cheryl Not really, although they both feature a missing, nasty person, so there is that.
Jane Goldberg No, I got through Gone Girl. After maybe 50 pgs, I couldn't keep on reading this book-too shallow in terms of the characters 'valley girl' lives. Been there, done that. From the first 50 pgs I'd have to say they're nothing alike.
Saschia Dybdahl no. the only similarity is someones gone missing. and a slightly lame husband i guess.
Robin I wouldn't consider this book a read-alike for gone girl.
Rachel Completely different, but I haven't loved a female MC as much as Bernadette SINCE Gone Girl. Really enjoyed both books.
almer lmaoo this made me laugh
Ray Johns Is there mention of Greek mythology or references to it in the book?

Denise E. No not at all. Weirdly enough they both start with very similar words: "The truth is complicated. There is no way one person can ever know anything about another person." These are the opening lines of Where'd You Go Bernadette and from what I remember the first scene of Gone Girl too (the movie). However, Where'd You Go Bernadette is a much sweeter take on the missing woman theme.
Val Not at all! This book is no where near as well written or complicated as gone girl. This is a funny book. Nothing too dark or twisted (which is what I was hoping for when I got it).
Jan Even I would have said they are not similar in any way, but what Layne points out is true.
Image for Where'd You Go, Bernadette