Linda Turner
Linda Turner asked:

Has anyone read this, If so how does it fair against the tv series.

To answer questions about Under the Dome, please sign up.
Jeff The TV show and the novel are slightly similar, but most of what makes the book worth reading is lost when they watered it down to make the TV show.
Paul The book is definitely better. I watched about 3 episodes & lost interest. The show so diluted the book, the 2 should be viewed as totally separate entities.
I went off King's books nearly 20 years ago, until i recently read '16-21-63'. Quite possibly one of his best books. So i read 'Under the Dome'. I didn't enjoy that as much as '16-21-63', but it was still quite good.
Clarissa The tv show is VERY different. I've only seen the first 3 episodes because I wanted to read the book first and from what I've already seen it doesn't follow the book at all. Characters who were supposed to already be dead were alive, new characters came out of nowhere, relationships and storylines were created that weren't there in the book. I just finished the book last night and I'm debating whether or not to continue watching the series. But you should read the book because the tv show doesn't do it justice i think.
Valerie Much better as a book in my opinion.
Allen The show is like if you took the general theme of the book and took a huge s*** on it. You won't be disappointed in the book, but you might question the relevance of network television after reading it.
Gail the book is much better than the show, the book and show are very different!
they are like two stories, with a few of the characters having the same name
Hilary Goodger
Nathalie Gagnon I look at them as 2 slightly different stories but with the same premise, i'm reading the book and watching the series at the same time and I can do that because they are quite different, it's actually kind of neat... I read quite a bit of the book before starting the series though (like 200 pages so the characters became defined and familiar) and maybe that's why it's been like enjoying alternate worlds inside the dome :)
Image for Under the Dome
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)