Melissa
Melissa asked:

Are any of the characters in this book from Next Year in Havanna?

To answer questions about The Last Train to Key West, please sign up.
Penny From Chanel Cleeton website: "The Last Train to Key West is set in 1935, over two decades before the events in Next Year in Havana and When We Left Cuba. It can be read as a standalone, so if you haven’t picked up my first two books, it’s a great place to jump in. The novel features three heroines with two recognizable last names. One of the heroines is related to Nick Preston from When We Left Cuba and another one of the heroines is a Perez and is Beatriz and Elisa’s aunt (their father’s sister). I’m loving writing about the Perez family and for my next few books we’ll go back in history a bit and meet some of the Perez ancestors."
Valerie Hunter I was asking myself that too as I was reading, I think that Mirta Perez could be the aunt to the 3 daughters in Next Year in Havana. Also, I’m curious if Elizabeth & John Preston are related to Nick Preston in When We left Cuba but I’d love to hear from the author.
Melissa
H-Grace I would say no. If they are, it’s only peripherally and the author never refers to it. The settings are different and there’s 20+ years apart.
Jen (The Bookish Blonde) No they are a different set of women.
Image for The Last Train to Key West
by Chanel Cleeton (Goodreads Author)