Jason Andersen

Haven’t read yet, haven’t decided if I will. How is the autism rep? I don’t like how from the blurb says autism needs a cure. Is the viewpoint changed throughout? Were any autistics consulted in the making of this book? Any ableism? This is important to me and my decision whether or not I’ll risk reading it.

To answer questions about Miracle Creek, please sign up.
Camille Dawn Rather than promote this viewpoint (that autism needs a cure), this story explores the inner thoughts from people on both sides of this question, whether autism needs a cure and the challenges that arise from the division and taking extremes on this topic. I think the author uses a very humanistic approach to the entanglements and ensuing challenges of parenting, community, integrity and support.
Kat Coffin I’m autistic and I just finished it. Review is forthcoming.
Roxanne I was wondering the same, did you read it?
Image for Miracle Creek
by Angie Kim (Goodreads Author)