Heather H Ballance

I'm listening to it via Audible and it is wonderful, anyone else try the audio version? The voices are perfect.

To answer questions about The Things We Cannot Say, please sign up.
Linda Wolcott Yes, I listened to it. The audible version was unusual because there were two readers, unusual, but two female readers, very unusual. However, most of the main characters were women. The readers were excellent, especially the one who read Alina.
Paoline I also listened to the Audible version of this. I absolutely loved how it was read.
Morna Crites-Moore I’m listening via Hoopla (free) and I am especially struck by how Alina’s lovely persona is portrayed.
Judi I did not like the narration of the Alice chapters and it kept me from loving the book. She made Alice sound snarky all the time, which made me dislike her, and I agree that the narration of Alice's mother was very one dimensional. So I found it hard to like either of them. The other narrator was very good.
Ev I did, i must say the fake accents were quite distracting as they were inaccurate. The pronunciation and translation of certain terms was sometimes, which made some of the "facts" inaccurate ". ( I am fluent in Polish)
Robyn Me too.. it was great.
Kate Listened to this through the library on Libby. Loved it.
Lwf Just finished the audible edition and absolutely loved this book! Everything was tied up except what happened to her parents? We are left to think that they did die in a camp but never got a real answer for this one last question.
Coree I also enjoyed it on Audible! I don't know Polish, so wouldn't have caught any of those errors. The only thing I would have changed would have been to soften Alice's mother's tone (not having read the words, I'm unsure of the spelling. Julieta?). She came off as a little too harsh, I thought, given the reactions and relationships around her. I thought the words as written were enough to convey her biting manner without being read as cruelly as in the Audible version.
Donna L. I listened to the audio book and loved it! It will be my next book club selection.
Samantha Chambers I just finish listening to the audio version and I LOVED IT :)
Shane one of the reader's finished every sentence as if it was a question. "Alice" was not interesting or likeable and I wonder if that was due to the narration or the actual writing. Started skipping through the Alice sections with her family because they were so uninteresting.
Laura VanCuren I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed it very much.
Ginger Scott I listened to it as well! It was such a good book.
Nancy J I'm listening to it now and really enjoying it. I like the two readers.
Candy I listened to the audio version & loved it!
Image for The Things We Cannot Say
by Kelly Rimmer (Goodreads Author)