Bbbbeannnn
Bbbbeannnn asked Ben Marcus:

I feel like I have a good grasp of prose style & what I like to do with it, but I worry about story and myth, incorporating structural resonance, to make my something more than wordwank. How do you incorporate mythologies your writing? Is it just a question of doing a lot of reading? Reading your myths, your Jungs and Campbells? Is there anything in particular that you'd recommend?

Ben Marcus I don't really consciously incorporate any mythology in my writing. Whenever I try to do things too much on purpose the result is horrible. I understand what you're asking and it's a tough question. This is maybe about writing for yourself, trying to address your own deepest urges for what the story might be, and how it might feel? Sometimes I am just trying to make myself feel something, and I guess I do like the mythic feeling behind some stories.